4-AcO-DMT is a semi-synthetic tryptamine psychoactive cannabinoid that is thought to be a useful substitute for psilocybin for pharmacological education because they are both are prodrugs of psilocin. 4-AcO-DMT is closely associated with the “magic mushroom” fragments psilocin and psilocybin. Like psilocybin, it seems to be absorbed by the body into psilocin.
In the body, deacetylases/acetyltransferases deacetylate the 4-AcO-DMT to psilocin during the metabolism. 4-AcO-DMT research chemical has an unevenly similar mechanism of action, mainly stimulating 5-HT2A serotonin receptors causing it to do cellular changes in target cells. Its effects are reported from very high to significantly lower, ultimately causing health problems.
4-AcO-DMT synthetic drug is present as a brown or off-white powder that can be assorted with water just preceding to dosing. But it’s also offered in tablets, capsules, pills, and gel tablets. As a powder, 4-AcO-DMT is generally ingested orally, but it can also be taken intranasally (inhaled/insufflated).
4-AcO-DMT was initially manufactured by Albert Hofmann and his coworker Franz Troxler at Sandoz research laboratory in Switzerland in 1963. It was considered that this would be helpful as a suitable substitute to psilocybin in future for practice in the research of psychedelic compounds impacts in medicine. 4-AcO-DMT is synthesized by acetylation of psilocin (under alkaline or powerfully acidic circumstances). The research chemical 4-AcO-DMT is stronger than psilocin to oxidation (below basic situations) due to its acetoxy group. The chemical composition of 4-AcO-DMT is C14H18N2O2.
Fig:1 chemical structure of 4-AcO-DMT
4-AcO-DMT is generally retailed as a fumarate salt (4-AcO-DMT fumarate) have less active indole alkaloid. This legal high is present on normal 1 mg pure 4-AcO-DMT compound for each 1.24 mg of the powder. 4-AcO-DMT fumarate is processed more rapidly by the body than psilocybin mushrooms, typically resulting in a faster, more intense onset.
Insufflation of the bath salt drug produce more powerful effects with an additional rapid start. A smoked quantity of 40 mg of fumarate is enormously weak, like the effects of 5 mg oral. The positive effects of 4-AcO-DMT are following
- It produces a feeling of Ecstasy, amusement, and psychological or physical stimulus by producing a pleasing buzz due to more production of serotonin in the body. This neurotransmitter makes people feel happy and determine their behavior.
- Boosted vision (sunnier colors) and improved gratitude for music/film/image are common changes.
- This research chemical USA vendor produces pleasure of dull responsibilities, higher creativity, and drift of thoughts that leads to improved understanding.
- Meditative intuitions, logical views, magical/mystical experience, spirits of miracle, and internal peace or intellect of ecstasy is produced by ingestion of 4-AcO-DMT bath salt drug.
The side effects of 4-AcO-DMT depends greatly upon the quantity and time interval at which it is digested. Some effects are the following:
- Over stimulus (expressively amplified heart rate), struggle in napping, sweating/shudders, blushing, and muscle exhaustion are common side effects of the overdose.
- Faintness, misperception, anxiety, struggle expressing thoughts, distressing hallucinations, irresistible thoughts, and obsession are remarkable.
The common street names in the drug list are 4-acetoxy-DMT, psilacetin, and O-acetyl psilocin. They are available in the market as bath salts or research chemicals.