Benzo fury is 6-(2-aminopropyl)benzofuran that is also called as 6-APB. It is a psychoactive research chemical that is derived from the substitution of benzofuran, amphetamine, and phenethylamine. The structure of this new drug is similar to MDA or MDMA, except the 3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl ring is replaced by benzofuran ring.
This legal high research chemical has Ecstasy and amphetamine-like effects of happiness, excitement, hallucination, and experiencing sound and colors more strongly. Benzo fury (6-APB) inhibits the uptake of monoamine transporters like dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine and also act as stimulator to release these neurotransmitters. It is a whitish or tan grainy powder that comes in the form of colored pellets or tablets, powder, and gel capsules. The consumption of benzo fury can be done through oral ingestion by eating capsules, pills, and powder mixed with drinks and other foodstuffs. Bombing of benzo fury is common in which powder is wrapped in cigarette paper and swallowed. This bath salt drug is inhaled through sniffing.
Benzo fury has active ingredient Benzofuran that was primarily researched in 1990 due to its potential to act as an antidepressant and therapy-enabling drugs. It is synthesized by reacting 3-bromophenol with Bromo acetaldehyde, and sodium hydride which forms the diethyl acetal. It was heated with polyphosphoric acid that forms Bromo benzofuran structural isomers that were aminated to give 6-APB and 4-APB. The chemical composition of Benzo fury is C11H13NO.
Fig:1 chemical structure of 6-APB
Benzo fury is one of the legal highs with effects starting 40 minutes after ingestion. It greatly depends upon in which form the drug is ingested, how much time and amount you are taking, and combinations of the other drugs with benzo fury. The effects last for 7 hours with comedown in 2 hours. The aftereffects last for 24 hours. It produces the following effects upon ingestion.
- The intake of 6-APB (benzo fury) makes a person energized due to the stimulated release of dopamine, which reinforces the behavior by performing function in the reward system of the brain.
- This new drug flakka helps to make people attentive and friendly. They are more aware of their surroundings and talk to everyone present around.
- Benzo fury increases the feeling of love and affection due to more release of serotonin. This neurotransmitter is believed to play a role in relaxation and sexual stimulation.
- It makes a person happy and emotional closeness with the family, friends, and even strangers. Enhanced perception of music and coloration is common.
- Overdose or ingestion with a combination of other drugs can lead to severe complications and diseases. Some of the side effects are:
- The overdose of this research chemical vendor can cause insomnia (difficulty in sleep), dilated pupils, numbness feeling, and tightening of the jaw muscles.
- Aftereffects of the drug with no more use cause fatigue, exhaustion, panic attacks, aggression, psychosis (a serious loss of reality), and bad mood in persons.
- Benzo fury enhances the production and release of norepinephrine that results in high blood pressure and increased heart rate. This can result in heart and blood vessel problems.
The street drug list of 6-APB includes names white pearl, benzo fury, 6-Apdb, 6-Apb, 5-Apdb, and 5-Apb. The most commonly used name is benzo fury.